Wildlife Cruise Holidays
The oceans are one of the last great wilderness areas left on our planet. Travelling by sea on a nature cruise represents the best way to see many of the world’s wildlife spectacles, as there are still wildlife paradises that are accessible by sea but cannot yet be reached by air.
Our nature cruise specialist recommends …
If you love whales and dolphins I’d recommend our Baja & Sea of Cortez nature cruise. The world’s largest concentration of cetaceans is found here, but book early as this tour sells out fast. I’d also suggest ‘Spitsbergen – Realm of the Polar Bear’ for a spectacular combination of wildlife and scenery. - Paul Stanbury
Naturetrek wildlife cruises offer:
- A range of cruising experiences, from exclusively chartered 50-berth expedition ships to smaller motor yachts & schooners
- Arctic & Antarctic nature cruises in ships with specially strengthened hulls
- Each voyage is accompanied by expert naturalists
- Wide range of wildlife cruises from five continents
We have been running wildlife cruises for over 20 years and if your image of cruising is endless deck quoits or bingo, think again! A life on the ocean waves can be a permit to witness scenes of natural splendour that most people will only ever see on their television screens.
A selection of our most popular wildlife cruises:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – Unique 2-week Galapagos nature cruise aboard a 16-berth schooner in search of the confiding birds, mammals & reptiles that inhabit these islands made so famous by Darwin
- The Sub-Antartic Islands of New Zealand – Penguins, marine mammals & seabirds
- Spitsbergen in the summer – Polar Bears, Walruses & seabirds
- Baja California – Blue Whales, Sperm Whales, thousands of dolphins & other marine life, plus San Ignacio’s friendly Grey Whales
- Kamchatka Peninsula – Pacific Ocean seabird colonies, spectacular volcanic scenery & over a dozen species of auks, plus Steller’s Sea Eagle, Siberian Rubythroats & much more
- Brahmaputra Cruise, India – Unique nature cruise visiting Kaziranga & other National Parks
But we offer so much more!
View all of our wildlife cruises or call us now on +44 1962 733051 to find out more.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Cruises HOLIDAYS
The whole trip was very well and efficiently organised and the ship's staff were excellent in all respects, as were the three Naturetrek leaders: Nick, Lee and Martin. As with all other Naturetrek holidays we have had, we enjoyed it very much indeed.
My best holiday ever, thank you Naturetrek for fulfilling my boyhood dream.
Overall the organisation right from the start was first class and the team put together the ultimate trip. Both Naturetrek and the expedition team from M V Ortelius worked tirelessly to provide a trip of a lifetime for their clients. Nothing was too much trouble and if it could be done (taking safety into account) it was done. I had high expectations on this trip, but the actual adventure went way beyond this. 11 out of 10 Naturetrek!
The overall organisation both off and on the boat was totally superb...seamless. Fitting in some birding en route in BA on way south was inspirational, the staff of Oceanwide were remarkable...Andrew's organisation of shore trips was amazing..and brave....the boat (and captain) made every effort to get us amongst the penguins..and whales...even circling in whale waters! I thought the Naturetrek leaders were terrific.. they were up there looking out for birds at dawn..and keen to share knowledge and company. I also thought it was clever they way we had all these lectures and talks to fill very many empty sea hours....and the cocktail hours were fun and the auction was fun...even if I did overspend on a t shirt..but hey, it fits! But this was a fun evening to break up 3 solid days of sailing....long days...tho the extra tour into Drygalski fjord was brilliant too..........just an amazing trip...Svalbard next!!