Wildlife holidays in Botswana
Tell me about Botswana …
A land-locked country straddling the Tropic of Capricorn, Botswana offers one of the last unspoiled wildernesses in Africa.
Botswana is a country of extreme habitats: in it you can visit the vast waterless Kalahari, as well as the world’s largest inland delta – the Okavango.
Remarkably for an African country, Botswana has a tiny population. Just over one million inhabitants occupy this nation that is the size of France and Germany together!
Nearly one fifth of its area is given over to national parks and it has huge, unfenced game reserves.
Our Botswana specialist recommends..
"Our ‘Bostwana’ tour offers a comprehensive 15-day wildlife adventure to Chobe National Park, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Victoria Falls and a 4-day exploration of the magnificent Okavango Delta. Our ‘Botswana’s Desert & Delta’ tour is birdwatching holiday to the spectacular inland delta of the Okavango."
Whats special about its wildlife?
- The largest herds in southern Africa roam free & wild
- Botswana is home to some of the continents most spectacular & varied bird life
- Wild Dogs are a special species to see in the region & our wildlife holidays offer the chance of seeing this elusive species
- The Okavango transforms 15,000 square kilometres of Botswana into a paradise of palms, papyrus & crystal clear waterways teeming with wildlife
Naturetrek tours to Botswana
Naturetrek offers a range of wildlife holidays and natural history tours in Botswana. These include bargain tours as well as a comprehensive 16-day holiday.
Our tours to Botswana visit:
- The Okavango Deltas complex habitats in search of its mammals & birds
- Chobe National Park, which is especially famous for Elephants & waterbirds, as well as Lion & Cheetah in its savannah areas
- Moremi Wildlife Reserve – we look for birds such as woodpeckers, barbets and weavers, plus huge herds of Buffalo, Lechwe, Zebra & other mammals on the edge of the Okavango
- Our Botswana tour includes a visit to the Victoria Falls
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Botswana HOLIDAYS
One of our best Naturetrek holidays so far. We are looking forward to many more, but would recommend this to anyone wanting to see the 'real' Africa.
Grant and Brent Reed are totally amazing. Their hospitality, modesty, sense of fun and safety, knowledge and enthusiasm was extraordinary.
The guide made the holiday. He was excellent and his knowledge, enthusiasm and commitment to the subject was first class. He quickly found exciting events for us on each drive and we particularly liked the fact that he stuck with an individual animal or group in order to follow the progress. We were definitely not there to stop, take a few pictures and move on, we were able to watch the whole scene unfold and thereby gain a much better understanding of the whole interconnection between the animals, birds and environment. The camp staff were also fantastic and they looked after us well.