Naturetrek operates Britain's largest selection of professionally organised natural history holidays and wildlife tours. We specialise in small group tours, and all are led by at least one expert naturalist. We care about the places we visit and we always try to operate our holidays in an environmentally responsible manner.
Game viewing in Kaziranga National Park, India
Exploring the Russian Far East
What is a Naturetrek holiday?
Naturetrek started by organising bird watching and botanical treks to remote and mountainous areas of the world. Today we do far more – or less – than just trek! Our holidays do still include a number of treks, but the majority are more traditional hotel-based minibus tours which have a leisurely pace. We hope we can offer a holiday for you to enjoy, whatever your age, ability and aspirations.
What can I expect on a Naturetrek wildlife holiday?
- Wildlife experts: all Naturetrek holidays are expertly guided by a leading naturalist, generally with a good knowledge of the area to be visited.
- Small groups: our groups average 10-12 people (with a maximum of 16, except on cruises).
- Variety: most of our tours have birds, mammals or wild flowers as a focus. We offer intensive action-packed tours for the dedicated enthusiast focusing on target species or families of wildlife, but most of our holidays are at a relaxed pace, allowing time to enjoy a broader range of wildlife. Some also include interests other than natural history such as history or culture.
- Local knowledge: we have built up an amazing network of local contacts and knowledge across the globe over the past 24 years which we continue to draw on and develop.
- Both long & short tours: Naturetrek holidays are generally longer than other wildlife tours or holidays, but above all we like to offer you a choice … from weekend breaks to ones lasting more than three weeks.
- Relaxed pace: With exception of our bargain selection, the majority of our holidays move at a slower pace than other wildlife tours.
- Like-minded travelling companions: on most of our tours, group members have a mix of interests and natural history expertise. We’re proud that our tours are characterised by a happy, relaxed atmosphere where group members feel comfortable about sharing their interests and knowledge, whether beginners or experts!
- Fun & informative: when we take you to a country we hope that we can inspire you to such an extent that you will be only too keen to return.
Do you do tailormade holidays as well?
Yes. If you do not want to travel as part of a group we can create a holiday specially for you.