On our full-day cruises we will head out into the deeper waters of Lyme Bay in search of White-beaked and other dolphins, as well as a good diversity of seabirds including skuas, petrels, terns and shearwaters. These trips are run in conjunction with the charity Marinelife, and data is collected on each cruise which contributes towards research on Lyme Bay’s seabirds and cetaceans. Other seabirds regularly seen on these cruises include Guillemot, Common Scoter, Sandwich Tern, Fulmar and European Storm-petrel, while Sunfish and Basking Sharks are among the other marine life we could encounter.
- Full-day trips focusing on White-beaked Dolphins & seabirds, departing from West Bay
- Comfortable, well-equipped, small charter boats & experienced local skippers
- Gannet, Kittiwake, Great & Arctic Skuas, plus Arctic Tern regularly seen
- Bottlenose & Common Dolphins, plus Harbour Porpoise often encountered
- Possibility of coming across more rarely seen cetaceans & seabirds
- Boats have indoor & outdoor seating, tea & coffee facilities, plus toilets
- All cruises have Marinelife researchers onboard, & data is collected on each trip
- Led by expert naturalist & researcher guides
- Trips arranged during periods of favourable weather. Call Dave to register interest & for further details on 01962 733051
Tea and coffee is provided on the boat. Bring your own food.