The Brazilian Pantanal is the world’s largest contiguous wetland and offers some of the finest wildlife photography on the planet. It is home to an impressive range of resident mammals and birds. However, it is the enigmatic Jaguar that will be our main target during this new dedicated photography tour and the itinerary is designed to offer you the very best chance of photographing Jaguars as well as the Pantanal’s other special wildlife and scenery. From our accommodation, the ideally situated ‘Jaguar Flotel’, we’ll take to the water before dawn and arrive back after dusk in order to make the best of the light. We will then spend a further four days at two separate lodges, exploring on foot and in our open-sided safari truck.
- Chance to photograph Giant Anteater, Brazilian Tapir & Ocelot
- Get close to charismatic Giant River Otters
- The exotic avifauna includes the gorgeous Hyacinth Macaw
- Max 6 participants
- Excellent opportunities to photograph Jaguars
- 6 full days of morning & afternoon boat safaris from the Jaguar Flotel
- Based in the heart of the ‘Jaguar Zone’ for 6 days
- See & photograph a wide range of the Pantanal’s wildlife
- Led by award-winning photographer Andy Skillen
All included in the price.
Comfortable ecotour lodges on the Transpantaneira Road (Pouso Alegre, SouthWild Pantanal) and floating in the middle of the 'Jaguar Zone' (SouthWild Jaguar Flotel) on the 100-km-long network of uniquely Jaguar-rich river channels that lie 10-50 km upstream from Porto Jofre. All have private facilities.