This holiday concentrates on maximising time in the best area of the Pantanal for mammal-watching and includes four nights at the Jaguar Flotel, with three nights at SouthWild’s Pantanal Lodge. Located in the heart of the ‘Jaguar Zone’, the Jaguar Flotel offers guests the very best chance of seeing both Jaguars and Giant River Otters anywhere in the Americas, and we will spend our mornings and afternoons on dedicated boat safaris looking for these target species. During our three nights at the SouthWild Pantanal Lodge we will explore the surrounding area through a mix of walks and boat trips on the Pixaim River, hoping to encounter a troop of Howler Monkeys or a lone Brazilian Tapir bathing in the river.
- Network of spotter boats at our disposal
- Excellent chance of finding Jaguar & Giant River Otters
- Visit the new Ocelot hide at SouthWild Pantanal Lodge
- Families of Capybara & huge numbers of Yacaré Caiman, storks, herons & ibises
- The Pantanal offers some of the finest bird & mammal-watching in South America
- Tamandua, Giant Anteater & Brazilian Tapir possible
- Led by expert naturalist guides
All included in the price.
Simple eco lodge with excellent wildlife viewing opportnities and floating in the middle of the 'Jaguar Zone' (SouthWild Jaguar Flotel) on the 100-km-long network of uniquely Jaguar-rich river channels that lie 10-50 km upstream from Porto Jofre. All have private facilities.