This exciting new 15-day holiday begins with a night in Sepilok, where we will have the opportunity to visit the Orang-utan and Sun Bear rehabilitation centres, before transferring to the beautiful Kinabatangan River for a 2-night stay. Taking to the water, we will enjoy a mixed programme of walks and boat trips in search of the area’s special mammals. We will then drive (via the Gomantong Caves), to Deramakot Forest Reserve for a 7-night stay. During our stay we’ll enjoy numerous nocturnal drives and spotlighting as we search for the special mammals and other wildlife here. We conclude our time in Borneo with a night looking for reptiles, amphibians and enormous Atlas moths around Poring Hot Springs before travelling to Kota Kinabalu for the flight home.
- 2-night stay at Kinabatangan Wetlands Lodge & 7 nights at Deramakot Forest Reserve
- Look for Orang-utan, Bornean Pygmy Elephant, Proboscis Monkey & Flat-headed Cat, Kinabatangan River
- Sunda Clouded Leopard & Sun Bear amongst many possible rare mammals, Deramakot
- Head out after dark to look for snakes & amphibians, Poring Hot Springs
- Bornean Falconet, Bornean Ground Cuckoo & Giant Pitta among special birds
- Led by expert naturalist guides