Adding to our new range of ‘Go Slow’ holidays we are pleased to launch a new midweek break closer to home in rural Hampshire, with some iconic wildlife on offer coupled with a chance for relaxation. Based at the Champneys Forest Mere spa resort ,we will enjoy daily outings to explore the local heaths, downland and coastal habitats. Our primary aim will be to watch and learn about the birds of the area but we will also pay attention to other wildlife of the area, from Adders to butterflies. Nightjars will be breeding near our resort at this time of year and there will be an optional excursion to hear and see this special species. This is an ideal break for those looking to spend time watching birds and wildlife with expert guidance, while also enjoying the facilities of this secluded lakeside resort.
- Combine wildlife-watching & a spa break
- Daily walks & outings from Champneys Forest Mere resort
- Stay in a manor house set in 160 acres of woodland & grassland
- Look for birds such as Woodlarks & Dartford Warblers
- Butterflies on the wing may include Silver-studded Blue
- Optional excursion to see & hear breeding Nightjars nearby
- Led by an expert naturalist guide
Lunches will be taken at local pubs and will be at your own expense.
3 nights at the luxury Champneys Forest Mere Spa Resort.