Bargain Mammal Watching
Naturetrek offers a wide selection of long-haul wildlife holidays primarily focusing on mammals. These tours offer an intensive mammal-centred focus, outstanding value for money and top quality sightings. They are led by at least one expert local English-speaking naturalist, and visit countries in Africa, Asia, South and Central America and more.
Our mammal specialist recommends...
I’d recommend ‘Ecuador – Amazonian Mammals’ for a good introduction to South America’s rainforest mammals. In Africa, it’s hard to beat our ‘Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park’ holiday for its combination of Leopards, other ‘big game’ and first-class accommodation! In Asia, try ‘India – Bandhavgarh National Park’ for Tigers and other Indian mammals.” - Paul Stanbury
Naturetrek bargain mammal watching tours
Is a Naturetrek bargain mammal tour the right holiday for me?
Our range of bargain mammal tours will suit:
- Experts or beginners
- People who want an active, fast-paced wildlife holiday
- Those seeking a dedicated focus on searching for mammals rather than on looking at other wildlife or cultural highlights of the area
Where do the tours go & what might I see?
Naturetrek’s bargain mammal selection includes tours focusing on the endemic mammals of a country or region such as Southern India or Ethiopia, ‘big game’ in Kenya staying at a luxury camp in the Masai Mara and Lake Naivasha, Tigers in India and Giant River Otters in Peru. We also offer tours to a wide range of other wildlife holiday destinations such as:
- Unique rainforest mammals & other wildlife of Peru
- The world famous Kruger National Park in eastern South Africa
- The diverse mammal life of Belize
- Endemic mammals of Ethiopia, with a back-drop of breathtaking scenery
- A conservation tour focusing on bears, Tigers & the Taj Mahal in India
- Nepal’s Chitwan National Park & Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve in search of One-horned Rhinos & other mammals
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Bargain Mammals HOLIDAYS
The guide, Charles, was excellent throughout the trip. The camp and all staff had excellent communications skills and their duties were executed with attention to detail. The access to wildlife and sensitivity of approach was good. The group was a great plus, with mixed interests and ages.
The whole experience was better than anticipated - due in no small measure to the professionalism, dedication, knowledge and experience of our guides. The mammals, the scenery and countryside, particularly the riverside growth and the koppies were all that I wanted from South Africa. I shall go again!
Both the lodges in Bandhavgarh and in Satpura were excellent; food service, staff, comfort. The lodge we stayed in was lovely, well run, helpful staff, hot water bottles provided for early morning game drives, and a delightful naturalist, Virun.