Wildlife holidays in Europe
Many of our holidays in Europe focus on the outstanding wildlife habitats that we have left in the region, from alpine meadows to Norwegian fjords. Other Naturetrek tours go in search of particular species such as Sperm Whales and Polar Bears, or wildlife spectacles such as roosting Common Cranes and impressive bird migrations.
Our Europe specialist recommends...
"If you love mammals try our short tours to see Bears in Finland and Sweden, or go in search of Wolf or Iberian Lynx in Spain. You can’t beat the Swiss Alps for alpine plants, I’d recommend the Pyrenees if you like walking, and for stunning scenery and flowers the Dolomites are outstanding."
Naturetrek General Manager
What can I see?
Many of our Europe wildlife holidays focus on the continent’s outstanding wildlife habitats. Here’s a selection:
- Spectacular mountain ranges including the Pyrenees, Alps, Picos de Europa & Carpathians
- Lowland regions such as the Spanish steppe & Great Hungarian Plain
- Wetlands – Coto Doñana, the Danube Delta & Biebrza Marshes
- Arctic wilderness – Spitsbergen & Iceland
- Forests such as Poland’s Bialowieza
Others focus on particular flora and fauna:
- Searching for some of Europe’s last great mammals – Brown Bears, Bison & Wolves
- Butterfly tours to France, Greece, Hungary, Sweden & Italy
- Arctic birds & mammals – Arctic Fox, Steller’s Eiders & summer flowers
- Whales & dolphins in the Azores, Madeira, Lofoten Islands & Spain
How about walking?
The regions we visit provide fine walking opportunities, though we move at a pace slow enough to enjoy the natural world!
We’re good people to talk to about food! We make sure you enjoy the continent’s best wildlife experiences on a full stomach – the Naturetrek picnic lunch is legendary!
What about the UK?
We’re rapidly expanding our UK tour programme from evening seabird and dolphin cruises in Dorset to week-long tours on the Isle of Mull.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Europe HOLIDAYS
The bears were magnificent and more than expected, it was great to see them not only at baited hides but in the landscape too. The lake trip was beautiful and added a lot of value. The accommodation was great, we were lucky with weather,very sunny and lovely. Location is great to explore and get a feel for the taiga forests.
I enjoyed this holiday in spite of the poor weather conditions, largely due to the expertise and good humour of our leaders.
The title of this holiday is 'Just Brown Bears' - and that's exactly what we saw - lots of Brown Bears, especially pleased to see the mothers with small cubs. The additional activities arranged were also enjoyable, especially bird spotting.