Wildlife holidays in Europe
Many of our holidays in Europe focus on the outstanding wildlife habitats that we have left in the region, from alpine meadows to Norwegian fjords. Other Naturetrek tours go in search of particular species such as Sperm Whales and Polar Bears, or wildlife spectacles such as roosting Common Cranes and impressive bird migrations.
Our Europe specialist recommends...
"If you love mammals try our short tours to see Bears in Finland and Sweden, or go in search of Wolf or Iberian Lynx in Spain. You can’t beat the Swiss Alps for alpine plants, I’d recommend the Pyrenees if you like walking, and for stunning scenery and flowers the Dolomites are outstanding."
Naturetrek General Manager
What can I see?
Many of our Europe wildlife holidays focus on the continent’s outstanding wildlife habitats. Here’s a selection:
- Spectacular mountain ranges including the Pyrenees, Alps, Picos de Europa & Carpathians
- Lowland regions such as the Spanish steppe & Great Hungarian Plain
- Wetlands – Coto Doñana, the Danube Delta & Biebrza Marshes
- Arctic wilderness – Spitsbergen & Iceland
- Forests such as Poland’s Bialowieza
Others focus on particular flora and fauna:
- Searching for some of Europe’s last great mammals – Brown Bears, Bison & Wolves
- Butterfly tours to France, Greece, Hungary, Sweden & Italy
- Arctic birds & mammals – Arctic Fox, Steller’s Eiders & summer flowers
- Whales & dolphins in the Azores, Madeira, Lofoten Islands & Spain
How about walking?
The regions we visit provide fine walking opportunities, though we move at a pace slow enough to enjoy the natural world!
We’re good people to talk to about food! We make sure you enjoy the continent’s best wildlife experiences on a full stomach – the Naturetrek picnic lunch is legendary!
What about the UK?
We’re rapidly expanding our UK tour programme from evening seabird and dolphin cruises in Dorset to week-long tours on the Isle of Mull.
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Europe HOLIDAYS
I would strongly suggest that this trip deserves a permanent place in your brochure. The combination of excellent botanical content, superb scenery, easily accessed transport and not-too-difficult paths, made this a most memorable week. The hotel was the best I have experience with Naturetrek.
Time spent at Martinselkonen Wilds Centre was excellent. The viewing of bears and other wildlife was very good and the tour guides friendly and knowledgeable.
The hotel was the best I have ever stayed in. The leadership of David Tattersfield was outstanding. Indeed, not only were the tour members photographing the flowers, but they were photographing David photographing the plants which is a tribute to the man and his leadership and stature in itself. The fact that he had a number of people who had previously travelled with him speaks for itself too. I regard him as a friend, not just a leader.