WHALE WATCHING HOLIDAYS
Seeing whales in the wild is one of the top 10 things most people want to do during their lifetime. Scanning the water, waiting to hear a blow or see a dorsal fin, is one of the top wildlife experiences in the world, and it can get addictive!
Our whale watching tour specialist recommends …
"Within Europe, the Azores are hard to beat for Sperm Whale sightings, and Madeira combines a lovely island setting with a chance to see both common and rarer species. While Sri Lanka is becoming a hot spot for Blue Whales. The ultimate whale watching tour, though, is our Naturetrek Baja cruise!"
Naturetrek Tour Leader
NATURETREK WHALE WATCHING TOURS
Thankfully, centuries of whaling have been (almost) consigned to history as ecotourism has replaced the slaughter of these gentle and fascinating creatures. Watching whales in the flesh is far more exciting than you can ever imagine and our superb selection of whale-watching tours give you a chance to see these extraordinary mammals. Due to popular demand we are rapidly expanding our programme of whale watching holidays!
- Why book a Naturetrek whale-watching holiday?
- Expert biologist-led & wildlife photographer-led holidays
- Dedicated whale-watching tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Whale-watching as part of a broader wildlife-watching holiday
- Many of our whale-watching tours offer the chance to see dolphins as well
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- A chance to look for cetaceans in all of the world’s oceans, from polar waters to the tropics
- A wide range of the world’s 86 species are seen on our whale-watching holidays, including Blue Whales & Killer Whales
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Whale HOLIDAYS
Our trip leader, Peter, was excellent and took great care to ensure everyone was looked after and had every opportunity to see the variety of birds and Whales.
I really wanted to see Whales on this trip and it was lovely to have the opportunity to spend 4 hours plus Whale watching and getting to see some fantastic sights such as the Blue Whales and Humpbacks lunge feeding. Lovely to have breakfast and evening meals provided - the food was very good.
The trip was well planned with lots of opportunity to see Whales and birds.
Peter Dunn always on hand to point out and explain all about the local wildlife.
After long days out, returning to Carmel Valley, all of the dining arrangements had been taken care of. The food was excellent (breakfast and dinner) and was great to be able to talk about the events seen with the other participants.
Both Upul and Saman were attentive, friendly, flexible, knowledgeable and great senses of humour which made the trip most enjoyable.