WHALE WATCHING HOLIDAYS
Seeing whales in the wild is one of the top 10 things most people want to do during their lifetime. Scanning the water, waiting to hear a blow or see a dorsal fin, is one of the top wildlife experiences in the world, and it can get addictive!
Our whale watching tour specialist recommends …
"Within Europe, the Azores are hard to beat for Sperm Whale sightings, and Madeira combines a lovely island setting with a chance to see both common and rarer species. While Sri Lanka is becoming a hot spot for Blue Whales. The ultimate whale watching tour, though, is our Naturetrek Baja cruise!"
Naturetrek Tour Leader
NATURETREK WHALE WATCHING TOURS
Thankfully, centuries of whaling have been (almost) consigned to history as ecotourism has replaced the slaughter of these gentle and fascinating creatures. Watching whales in the flesh is far more exciting than you can ever imagine and our superb selection of whale-watching tours give you a chance to see these extraordinary mammals. Due to popular demand we are rapidly expanding our programme of whale watching holidays!
- Why book a Naturetrek whale-watching holiday?
- Expert biologist-led & wildlife photographer-led holidays
- Dedicated whale-watching tours focusing on one or a few key species
- Whale-watching as part of a broader wildlife-watching holiday
- Many of our whale-watching tours offer the chance to see dolphins as well
- A range of tours from day trips out on small boats to week-long liveaboard cruises
- A chance to look for cetaceans in all of the world’s oceans, from polar waters to the tropics
- A wide range of the world’s 86 species are seen on our whale-watching holidays, including Blue Whales & Killer Whales
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Whale HOLIDAYS
...without your support and expertise, we wouldn’t have had such a wonderfully successful trip. I am still ‘there in spirit with the whales and dolphins’, an unforgettable and truly magical experience
Very good trip - interesting in all the areas and aspects covered...Visit to Ventana was very interesting - even for a non-birder person like myself. Appreciate the fact that the leaders were very aware that not all of us were on the trip for birds, and that Peter and Ian took time to explain/describe what we were seeing, thus has begun to foster an interest!...Overall - had a great week, Peter and Ian were very good tour leaders and I enjoyed the company of my fellow travellers.
Sheila and I had a wonderful experience. It was a most amazing trip and surpassed our wildest expectations. As well as the outstanding nature experience the leaders were exceptionally kind as were all of the crew of the Spirit of Endeavour.