Wildlife holidays in Asia
The variety of landscapes, peoples, cultures and wildlife to be found in Asia is quite remarkable. We have an intimate knowledge of this incredibly diverse continent and an amazing network of local contacts. Our holidays focus on iconic species like Tigers as well as more subtle delights such as Himalayan flora.
Our Asia specialist recommends..
"I’d recommend our Splendours of Nepal tour for an excellent introduction to the Himalaya. For Tigers, our India – Tiger Direct! holiday maximises wildlife sightings and minimises travelling time. Our Brahmaputra Cruise or Snow Leopard Quest offer very different Indian experiences, plus we have a good choice of both bargain and luxury tours." - Rajan Jolly
Naturetrek tours in Asia
Seeing Asian wildlife presents more of a challenge, in terms of patience and field skills, than traditional African-style safaris. Tigers, Leopards, Snow Leopards, Asiatic Lions, Asian Elephants, Gaur (Asian Bison), Indian One-horned Rhinoceros, and Brown, Black and Sloth Bears are all seen on our holidays, as well as elusive rainforest birds, fabled Siberian species and remote high-altitude specialities of the Tien Shan and Himalayan mountains.
Whether you want to look for rainforest birds on foot or undertake a Himalayan trek, here are some of the Naturetrek wildlife tours in Asia that you can choose from:
Tiger watching holidays ...
With a 100% sightings record on our dedicated Tiger tours, we’re the right people to talk to about Tigers. Here are a few of the Tiger tours we offer:
- Just Tigers! – focuses on the Tigers of Kanha National Park
- India – Tiger Marathon – visits Pench, Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Panna National Parks – India’s finest Tiger reserves in the heart of ‘Tiger country’
- India – Tiger Direct! – focuses on Pench and Kanha National Parks and includes optional extensions to Tadoba and Satpura National Parks (two of our favourites!)
Some of our other wildlife tours in Asia:
- Borneo’s Orang-utans – visits the famous Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre and enjoys the other mammals and birds of the region
- Burma Highlights – combines birdwatching and cultural visits including the Bagan temple complex
- Wild India … In Style! – combines sightseeing in Agra (including the Taj Mahal) and wildlife-watching with stays in luxury accommodation and comfortable train journeys
- Bhutan’s Bumthang Valley – a botanical holiday including a 6-day trek through the forests of central Bhutan
- Wild Japan in Winter – wintering Sea Eagles, Japanese Cranes, bathing Japanese Macques and culture are the focus of this far eastern holiday
- Thailand – birdwatching tour which includes a chance to see Spoon-billed Sandpipers in Samut Sakhon
- The Tien Shan Mountains & Deserts of Kazakhstan – an exploration of the country’s desert, steppes and lakes
- Mongolia’s Snow Leopards – visits the beautiful Altai Mountains and Hustai National Park in search of one of the world’s most sought-after felines
- Nepal – A Birdwatching Tour – focuses on Nepal’s top three wildlife sites!
- Sri Lanka – Wildlife & History – a birding and wildlife tour which includes visits to the rock fortress at Sigiriya and the ancient city of Anuradhapura
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Asia HOLIDAYS
The holiday truly delivered a diverse range of interesting attractions/activities. The leaders were truly excellent as guides and trip organisers. Any problem was dealt with straight away. The driver of our coach was similarly excellent.
We saw three Tigers, two really close and one with just our jeep. Also hundreds of birds, most of which were new to us; learned a lot about Indian history, trees and plants and had some great food. Our tour leader, Durgesh, was a fascinating source of information and ensured that we were well looked after. We were very impressed by the details provided beforehand, the support from our tour leader and we had a great time. Well worth the money. Thank you for a great holiday.
This was my first trip with Naturetrek, and I felt it was very good value for money. The organization was impressive, with no problems with travel arrangements. The quality of the hotels, food, minibuses and drivers was very high, and despite the fairly exhausting schedule, I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the trip. The birdwatching was outstanding, with 260+ species seen, including the pre-tour extension. Kamol and his wife, Patcharee, were delightful people to spend a week with - nothing was too much trouble for them. Kamols extensive knowledge and experience of the birds, mammals and locations we visited were outstanding. There is no doubt that we could not have had anyone more qualified to be our leader in Thailand. He is exceptionally talented and was conscientious in helping us to see the birds and understand their features and behaviour.