Wildlife holidays in Asia
The variety of landscapes, peoples, cultures and wildlife to be found in Asia is quite remarkable. We have an intimate knowledge of this incredibly diverse continent and an amazing network of local contacts. Our holidays focus on iconic species like Tigers as well as more subtle delights such as Himalayan flora.
Our Asia specialist recommends..
"I’d recommend our Splendours of Nepal tour for an excellent introduction to the Himalaya. For Tigers, our India – Tiger Direct! holiday maximises wildlife sightings and minimises travelling time. Our Brahmaputra Cruise or Snow Leopard Quest offer very different Indian experiences, plus we have a good choice of both bargain and luxury tours." - Rajan Jolly
Naturetrek tours in Asia
Seeing Asian wildlife presents more of a challenge, in terms of patience and field skills, than traditional African-style safaris. Tigers, Leopards, Snow Leopards, Asiatic Lions, Asian Elephants, Gaur (Asian Bison), Indian One-horned Rhinoceros, and Brown, Black and Sloth Bears are all seen on our holidays, as well as elusive rainforest birds, fabled Siberian species and remote high-altitude specialities of the Tien Shan and Himalayan mountains.
Whether you want to look for rainforest birds on foot or undertake a Himalayan trek, here are some of the Naturetrek wildlife tours in Asia that you can choose from:
Tiger watching holidays ...
With a 100% sightings record on our dedicated Tiger tours, we’re the right people to talk to about Tigers. Here are a few of the Tiger tours we offer:
- Just Tigers! – focuses on the Tigers of Kanha National Park
- India – Tiger Marathon – visits Pench, Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Panna National Parks – India’s finest Tiger reserves in the heart of ‘Tiger country’
- India – Tiger Direct! – focuses on Pench and Kanha National Parks and includes optional extensions to Tadoba and Satpura National Parks (two of our favourites!)
Some of our other wildlife tours in Asia:
- Borneo’s Orang-utans – visits the famous Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre and enjoys the other mammals and birds of the region
- Burma Highlights – combines birdwatching and cultural visits including the Bagan temple complex
- Wild India … In Style! – combines sightseeing in Agra (including the Taj Mahal) and wildlife-watching with stays in luxury accommodation and comfortable train journeys
- Bhutan’s Bumthang Valley – a botanical holiday including a 6-day trek through the forests of central Bhutan
- Wild Japan in Winter – wintering Sea Eagles, Japanese Cranes, bathing Japanese Macques and culture are the focus of this far eastern holiday
- Thailand – birdwatching tour which includes a chance to see Spoon-billed Sandpipers in Samut Sakhon
- The Tien Shan Mountains & Deserts of Kazakhstan – an exploration of the country’s desert, steppes and lakes
- Mongolia’s Snow Leopards – visits the beautiful Altai Mountains and Hustai National Park in search of one of the world’s most sought-after felines
- Nepal – A Birdwatching Tour – focuses on Nepal’s top three wildlife sites!
- Sri Lanka – Wildlife & History – a birding and wildlife tour which includes visits to the rock fortress at Sigiriya and the ancient city of Anuradhapura
WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ABOUT OUR Asia HOLIDAYS
What a tour!!! Thanks so much. Chris Kehoe, the best, fantastic guy, great leader. Osman, brilliant, wonderful person. Accommodation, food, itinerary, ground agents, organisation, flights, birds, mammals, flora, all of the highest quality. It made for the best trip we have ever had the pleasure of participating in with Naturetrek. Chris is the ultimate professional and we look forward to travelling with him again in the future.
What a truly magnificent experience we all had on this holiday!
13 tigers and 1 sloth bear!
I can't recommend Durgesh highly enough. There was nothing more he could have done to ensure we all had the holiday of a lifetime. Nothing was ever too much trouble, his organisation was impeccable and his knowledge, particularly of the birds, was second to none. My thanks also go to Rajan Jolly for never failing to give me all the information I needed and for all his organisation of the trip.
I made many friends, saw the wonderful animals together and in fact will be arranging to travel with some of them again as we never seemed to stop laughing (that's when we weren't on a 'tiger' hunt!) the whole time.
I can't praise Rajan, Naturetrek and Durgesh highly enough. Thank you all for giving me the most amazing experience.
Kamol (Komolphalin) was an excellent guide, his knowledge of birds was first class! Patcharee was superb in ensuring the daily organization ran smoothly. Her attention to detail meant that everything happened to our advantage.